Monday, January 25, 2010

Elisa said I should get a blog...

Hi everyone!
Just to warn you, I haven't blogged in forever, so this may be kind of...choppy. Or maybe some other word I can't think of right now. It'll definitely be random, and probably unorganized. But why don't you read it for yourself? ;-)

Well, I'm back at LU...this is my second week of classes. I like my schedule this semester: no class on Monday till 6:30 and no class at all on Friday. So I basically have an almost-4-day-weekend, which doesn't bother me too much. ;-) Of course, I'll have to make sure I get lots of homework done on those free days, and don't just waste them by goofing off.

I'm taking 7 classes: Anatomy and Physiology 2, Intro to Nursing, Medical Terminology, Pathophysiology, and Contemporary Issues (the class every freshman at Liberty is required to take). Oh, and my two honors classes are Philosophy and Evangelism.

Last week was mostly just going over the syllabuses and listening to the teachers introduce themeselves and tell us what we'd be learning, so this week I should be able to find out more what the classes will be like, and whether I'll like them or not...I hope I will!

My roommates and I have been decorating our dorm room so it looks more homey and less like a prison cell. We rearranged the furniture right before we left for Christmas break, and now we've been hanging stuff on the walls. I brought some flowers from home that had been left over from Tim and Cassandra's wedding and put them over the tops of our closet doors and around my bed...very pretty. Maybe I'll post pics later...I tried to upload some, but my computer was giving me trouble.

One of my hearing aids died on the first day of classes, so I went home this weekend to see if I could get if fixed. Because they had to send it in to some company to fix it, they gave me one to borrow while I'm waiting. It's pink, which is awesome, but it's kind of weird 'cause now I have one pink hearing aid and one tan one. Not that it really matters, since my hair usually covers up my hearing aids, but I'm a perfectionist about some things. :-P While I was home, I got to help babysit David and Janna for a few hours. They're both getting so big!

It's been raining a ton lately, but today is absolutely gorgeous. Blue skies and perfect temperature. But I think I should still get some cute rainboots, just in case.

Let's see what else is new....oh yes, did I mention that I'm going a year without chocolate?? It's been almost 4 weeks and I really don't feel too deprived....I even have 2 Milka bars and a bag of those round Lindt 'Lindor Truffles' in my drawer and they don't even tempt me! Kinda surprising. However, I don't really want them in my drawer since I don't have any use for them, so if you happen to come visit me, I may try to talk you into taking them! ;-)

Well, I can't think of much else to say, except that I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NEW NIECE! Kahlayla Eve was born yesterday morning at 8 o'clock. :-) Congrat, Tim and Cassandra! It was nice how God worked it out so that I was home when she was born and got to see her right away!

Isn't she beautiful? :-)
















I think that's about it for now. Later! :-)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Caitlin--I'm so glad you started a blog! There's nothing I love more than reading about what my friends have been up to. :) Try to post as often as you can!!!
P.S. - I love your blog title!

Caitlin said...

Thanks, Catherine! And I'll try to find time to post often. :-)

Us: said...

YAY! So glad you got a blog.

A year without chocolate?! Good for you! Reminds me of your year without soda. Do you still not drink soda?

And yes, your niece IS beautiful :) I love babies.

Dee Dee said...

Beautiful baby <3